Microgrids enable optimal integration of renewable energy resources into the power systems. It also allows to have a layered control architecture for easier management of microgrid components.
Microgrids and nanogrids are potential solutions for providing a better electrical service for both insufficiently supplied and remote areas.
Microgrids operation with an optimal energy management will lead to a sort of smart grid with numerous benefits such as reduced cost, and enhanced reliability and resiliency.
The objective of this special session is to address the state-of-the-art research and development results on the implementation, control, and operation of microgrids/ nanogrids, where optimal energy management and state estimation are the core issues.
- Adaptive operation of microgrids based distributed state estimation strategies
- Implementation of control and optimization techniques in grid-connected and islanded modes
- Smart enabling technologies for the effective penetration of microgrids
- Peer-to-peer energy management systems in community microgrid
- Power grid resilience enhancement through microgrid facilities
- Power quality assessment and improvement
- Self-healing strategies for resilience purpose
- Microgrids transformation into virtual power plants
- Mobility-aware vehicle-to-grid control in microgrids
- Building integrated energy management and monitoring system
- Applied IoT architecture and communication technologies for smart microgrids
- IoT communication models for distributed control of microgrids
Prospective authors are invited to submit full-length papers before the submission deadline through the online submission system at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=lsms2020icsee2020.Further, proposals for special sessions within the technical scopes of the conference are most welcome. Papers submitted for special sessions will be peer-reviewed with the same criteria as used with regular papers. A special session proposal should include the session title, a brief description, and the names, contact details and bio-sketch of the organizers.
See also the Author's kit for paper format.
Accepted papers will be published in the Springer Communications in Computer and Information Science (CCIS) proceedings (EI Compendex). Some high-quality papers will be recommended for possible publication in SCI indexed international journals after expansion and further review, such as Journal of Modern Power Systems and Clean Energy (MPCE), Transactions of the Institute of Measurement and Control (TIMC), Enterprise information system (EIS), Energies, Cognitive Computation, Journal of Control and Decision, Advances in Manufacturing (AIM), etc.